Friends, Artists, & Live Performance Lovers!
It’s been a rough ride for all of us these past few months. Now, finally, we have a light at the end of the tunnel. The government of Ontario announced today that Phase 3 of re-opening will begin at 12:01am on Friday July 17th.
In Phase 3, bars & restaurants in Ontario, including small live entertainment venues, may begin opening their doors to patrons and allowing live performances. Along with this though, we must continue to be vigilant. ¬LIVE! on Elgin recognizes that as a public performance space, we have a role to play in keeping our community safe & healthy. In order to re-open safely, there are several adjustments that need to be made to the space over the next few weeks.
LIVE! on Elgin will re-open to the public on July 31st, 2020.
We have put together a strategy for a safe re-opening in conjunction with federal & provincial recommendations, City of Ottawa health guidelines, as well as recommendations from similar strategies that have been released elsewhere in the arts community.
Our venue has been given the go-ahead to operate at 30% capacity (27 guests), as long as 2 meters of social distancing can be maintained between guests or bubbles of guests. In order to ensure that the artists are performing to as full a room as possible, we will not be selling individual tickets. We will instead be selling full tables of 4-5 guests. Guests should arrange to attend with members of their bubble.
• We will only be selling tickets in advance through www.liveonelgin.com
• Patrons who have purchased ticket vouchers during the closure may use their ticket once we open – but will be encouraged to arrange a group to attend with (who are inside their 10 person bubble) to fill out a table
• Please use common sense & do no attend if you or anyone from your household is feeling ill; if you have traveled outside of the province within the past 14 days; & if you, or anyone you have been in contact with is awaiting a test result for COVID-19
• Non-medical cloth facemasks are mandatory. If you do not arrive with one, one will be provided for you
• No cash will be accepted
•If you would like to purchase band merchandise, please do so through our website prior to the performance. Your order will be waiting for you at your assigned table
• Many more precautions will be in place that will be discussed with you upon purchasing a ticket.
For more information please contact us directly email@example.com. We can’t wait to see you all out at a performance very soon. Program calendar to come shortly.
With Love from LIVE – Jon & Lawrence Evenchick
- To our valued long-time patrons, and potential new guests: If you plan on stopping by to spend time with us, please read the following statement regarding the safety of our space. We have a zero tolerance policy regarding issues of harassment, discrimination, or assault.
We need to address a serious issue in our community. It happens everywhere, it happens everyday, and it needs to stop. Those of us at LIVE! on Elgin asked ourselves what we can do about harassment and assault in the arts community.
LIVE! On Elgin wants you to know that you are safe here. We are an inclusive space for everyone regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, or religion. To the survivors of sexual harassment and assault: we believe you. You don’t owe us your story, but we’re listening if you feel safe sharing it with our staff. We will protect you, and take immediate action if you are feeling unsafe in our home. Our staff will not stand by as someone threatens the safety of our space; our space that hopefully you call home too.
Anyone who makes you feel unsafe in our room is not welcome in our room, period.
At most times you can find 3 staff members in the room: the bartender, the manager (Jon or Lawrence will be behind the bar or busing tables), and the sound-technician (who you can find at the back of the room). We are all safe options to talk to, and we are here for your protection.
If you don’t feel safe pointing someone out directly who is threatening the safety of the space for you, we will make sure you have a safe way home. We will discreetly watch the room so that the person can be identified and removed at a time when it is safe for you.
Thank you for helping us keep the viewing of live performances enjoyable for everyone.
From the LIVE! on Elgin team.
That time The Arkells stopped in for some an afternoon party